
Well if there are any of you who have lots of zucchini and love zucchini bread. I have a suggestion. Last year I had zucchini coming out of my ears (okay not literally) and you can't really preserve zucchini very well- it doesn't freeze or bottle very well. So when you get those huge zucchini's this is what I do, I grate the whole zucchini up and then put into ziploc bags in quantity of 2 cups (that is how much you need for one batch of bread). They freeze pretty well, then you have zucchini bread all winter. When it comes time to use it just defrost in fridge or microwave, and don't worry about the extra water, it turns out great. But if you want to do it the way my mom does, she makes a double batch and freezes the extra bread. So now you have options here is a Zucchini Bread recipe:
3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
beat till frothy above ingredients
then add:
3 tsp. vanilla
2c. grated zucchini
Mix together seperately
3 c flour
1 tsp. soda
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
3 tsp.cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
Then add to the wet ingredients. Just barely moisten, don't over stir. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Once you pull out of oven I like to put butter (or crisco in my case) on the tops and then sprinkle a cinnamon and sugar mixture to top! So yummy! good luck.
3 comments:
Good idea Britt
Other ideas - add chocolate chips, cocoa, blueberries, bananas or lemon zest.
Yummy, yummy! Your zucchini bread is definitely a winner, and I'm thrilled to now have your recipe. Unfortunately, our zucchini was planted too close to the potatoes and either a)was mistaken for a weed and pulled out, or b)was smothered by the obnoxious potatos. But I would love to make some bread nonetheless. I'll let you know when I do... and again, great post.
I made this TODAY! I used yellow zucchini 'cause that's what we have in our garden. It looked different without all the green, but it tasted the same-- delicious! I did change a couple of things... Our oven is hyperactive, so 40 minutes was plenty. And I thought there was already an ample amount of cinnamon in the bread, so I just topped mine with a little sugar. The bread was fantastic! Thanks again for the recipe, Britt!
Post a Comment