Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Diarrhea Dilemma

Okay, so my little one-year-old has caught some bug and now has diarrhea (sorry, baby, for sharing that). As his mommy, I therefore have a dilemma. What do I feed him to help him feel better? I tried making him some yummy chicken noodle soup thinking, "It's comfort food, right?" but he would have nothing to do with it. He's not really a picky eater at ALL, so I was somewhat baffled by this- but forgave him since when you're sick nothing really sounds good (you know?). I used a canned soup and improved upon it... so maybe the overabundance of salt/flavoring is what turned him off. Anyway, chicken noodle- not so much.


SO... my question to you super-smart mommies out there is this:
What do you feed a baby to soothe both belly and soul?


Thanks, in advance, for your wonderful words of wisdom!

PS. The above picture is totally a sign that they have in Paris-- telling you (obviously) not to let your dog doo-doo on the grass/street. So funny. Somewhat gross, but so funny. ;)

PS#2. If any of you are considering google-image-searching "diarrhea," I would like to highly discourage it! If you weren't sick when you googled it, you will be. Ew.

2 comments:

Adam and Aubrey said...

Yogurt and Pedialyte! Back in Feb. we got a wicked case of it, and he was pretty happy with the yogurt (still is). The foods are hard. Like, what will burn on the way back out? You know? Yoink. If I can think of any others, I'll let you know! (we missed you tonight!)

Mindy said...

Bec, it may be too late for this but have you heard of the BRAT diet? Bart spent lots of time on it last year.
B- bananas
R- rice
A- applesauce
T- toast
This is what doctors say to feed your kids (or if you, if you are generally have problems with your pooper) when they have diarrhea. Pedialyte is also great.