
I got an email today that included an article entitled, "Fast-Food Kids' Meals Shockingly High in Calories." Although I immediately scoffed at the title, I actually read through about half of the article...having to quit because my eyes were weak from rolling so much. My take on this article was: NO FREAKIN' DUH!
Who exactly thought that fast food was a healthy option for their child??? (If you did, I'm sorry; but seriously, think harder.) I am not opposed to feeding a young child junk food (fast-food being included in this category) in very moderate moderation (i.e. once a month, maybe), but do so knowing that I might as well hand 'em a cube of butter and say, "Have at it, kid!" It was just shocking to me that any right-minded American (is that a contradiction?) would find this "shocking" ... especially in this decade!
Ugh. Pitiful. I just had to blow off a bit of steam, and figured this mommy blog was a good place to do it. Motto is: If you are going to feed your kiddo fast-food, do so in an educated manner. And if this fast-food = crap-food concept is new to you, read this article (http://www.babycenter.com/204_fast-food-kids-meals-shockingly-high-in-calories_10218285.bc?scid=momstodd_20080819:.2&pe=2UujPD9).
I'm done. And yes, the above image is a bit over-the-top.... sorta funny/creepy, though, right? ;)
Who exactly thought that fast food was a healthy option for their child??? (If you did, I'm sorry; but seriously, think harder.) I am not opposed to feeding a young child junk food (fast-food being included in this category) in very moderate moderation (i.e. once a month, maybe), but do so knowing that I might as well hand 'em a cube of butter and say, "Have at it, kid!" It was just shocking to me that any right-minded American (is that a contradiction?) would find this "shocking" ... especially in this decade!
Ugh. Pitiful. I just had to blow off a bit of steam, and figured this mommy blog was a good place to do it. Motto is: If you are going to feed your kiddo fast-food, do so in an educated manner. And if this fast-food = crap-food concept is new to you, read this article (http://www.babycenter.com/204_fast-food-kids-meals-shockingly-high-in-calories_10218285.bc?scid=momstodd_20080819:.2&pe=2UujPD9).
I'm done. And yes, the above image is a bit over-the-top.... sorta funny/creepy, though, right? ;)
1 comment:
Way funny bec! isn't it funny how sometimes people seem so behind!
Post a Comment