Pages

Friday, June 6, 2008

Biscuits

So for a great pic of these biscuits you should check out my blog! Alright here is a recipe for some quick biscuits they are yummy!:
2 cups flour
1 TBS Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBS sugar
1/3 c. shortening
1 c. milk ( I crack 1 egg in the cup and fill up the rest of the way with milk)

Preheat oven to 425.
Mix dry ingredients, cut in shortening. Once shortening is all distributed, add milk/ egg mixture. If you need a little more flour go ahead and add it to the outside of the dough. Roll out dough, and fold over several times. The more you fold the dough over the flakier the biscuits will be. Roll out to about 1/2 inch thick or desired thickness and cut out biscuits. (I used to use a cup to cut out my biscuits till I got cookie cutters that worked). Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
*Note- I use soy milk and shortening and they taste great!

3 comments:

Bec said...

Mmm... Comment from a hasn't-had-breakfast-yet commentor: Now all you need is some country gravy with sausage. Mmm. Seriously, you made my stomach growl.

Brittney said...

mmmm, now you made me hungry. You make the gravy and I'll make the biscuits.

Adam and Aubrey said...

Sounds good ladies.

Thanks for this recipe. I should actually try to make this one day. I guess now I don't have any excuses.