Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tangy Meatballs

I just had to put this recipe up! My family loves it! And any time I take dinner to people or when I have people over I always make these. The great thing is they can make a lot or you can do just half of the recipe. So here we go give these a try.

MEATBALLS
2 eggs
2 cups oats
1 can evap. milk (or 3/4 cup milk/soy milk)
1 cup chopped onion
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
3 lb ground beef

~In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add oats, milk, onion, salt and pepper, and garlic powder. Add ground beef. Mix well.
~Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place in two 9X13 pans.
~Bake uncovered at 375 for 30 minutes
~Drain, place all of the meatballs in one of the pans.

SAUCE
2 cups ketchup
1 1/2 cuppacked brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder

In a saucepan bring all of the ingredients to a boil. Pour over meatballs. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes until they're no longer pink.

This recipe makes A LOT! If you want to make less (usually enough for my husband, myself and a few others. We do have leftovers too.) here's the measurements:

Meatballs
1 egg
2/3 cup oats
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup chopped onion
2/3 tsp salt
1/6 tsp pepper
1/6 tsp garlic powder

Sauce
2/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/6 cup chopped onion
1/6 tsp garlic powder

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Bec said...

These are delicious; I can verify that! Thanks for the sweet recipe, Britt!

Adam and Aubrey said...

Did this tonight! Love it! Everything for it is basically in the pantry, so it's an awesome recipe!