Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Mothers Day Gift Ideas

Mothers day is upon us! I cannot believe it's already this weekend! This post is late, but hopefully you can pull off some amazing things for mothers day! Maybe leave this post on your computer for your husband to stumble upon...

(girls, feel free to add to this post!)

I, for one, believe that Mothers day is a day to celebrate mothers (novel idea, right?). And not necessarily a "gifty" holiday. My heart sings when I see little handprints on a card, or a drawing by a 4 year old... Point is, I don't think you need to spend lots of money to make it an incredible mothers day. There are things you can get spendy on, but it's the sentimentality of it that does it. So here are things I would love.

*Handprints. I love those teeny little hands, and they grow much too fast. Put them in cement! I've seen little stones you can put the little imprints on, etc. I LOVE this idea. An example is here, and prices vary.

*Recorded voices. I am in LOVE with the little boy voices I have in my home. Record it! There are recordable stories that dad can help the littles ones to read and bam, you have a story all your own with those tender little voices. I've seen these pretty much anywhere (any of the 'marts would have it, I know Walmart does, and Hallmark) and are roughly $20.

*Photobooth. When I was visiting a friend (way back when) she had a picture strip from a photobooth on her fridge. It was her husband and baby. Adorable! He had given that to her in a card for some bday or something... Melt. Me. Not expensive, and good laws brings tears to my eyes. Prices range from $1 to $5.

*Blog book! I have been procrastinating getting this done, so do it for me! Turn each year into a book. There are LOTS of sites that do this, for starters here, these- here and here let you print your comments too- which I love. Here's a post from my hubs cousin that explains how to do it in blurb, because I need step by step instructions for pretty much everything I do. Prices vary depending on the size of the book but some start at $12.95 and depend on how many pages you do.

*Perfume. If you're shopping for me specifically, I really have fallen for some perfume. It's DKNY Be Delicious. This is about $55.

*Flowers. I always love flowers. Especially something in a planter that I can have longer than a week. Or even just a petunia and have the little ones decorate the planter thing. Booya. Tender and pretty! Prices vary.

*Jewelry. And I'm very specific here. I have been craving/wanting/needing? a necklace with my kids' face on it. No joke. I went to a farmers market last year and there was a girl selling these, I brought my money at a later date and was planning on making the purchase, but she was gone. LAME! There are lots of places online that do this, and I've even found a site that you can make your own! Or you can go to esty and there's a TON of places there, like here, here, here, here, or here. I LOVE that you can do a pic on both sides of the pendant. Maybe one side of you babies and one side of you and your man?!

*Breakfast in bed! With a homemade card! This just SCREAMS mothers day!

Honestly, let your kid scribble on a paper and I'd call it good. haha.

Happy mom day to all the moms! It's the hardest job in the world, but worth EVERY second.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

I love all these ideas! They are genius! Great idea to put these all together. I would love to get any one of these gifts!