A few weeks ago we did D is for dinosaurs! I was so excited since the boys have lots of stuff and they LOVE those silly dinos!
To see or download my lesson plan go here. This plan is totally changeable and I left room to change things around. I didn't do friday since I was going out of town that week.
Here are a few pictures of the things we did-
We decorated the letter D with foam dino stickers I got at the dollar store.
We played a matching game where my older boy matched the big and little letter d's. It was a great game for him to learn upper and lower case letters. And shocker- he totally got it and loved doing it!
We colored a picture of dinosaurs- gotta have coloring right?!
A few other things we did was I hid some of their plastic dino toys in a bin filled with dried beans, and we went on a dino hunt to find them once we found them all we counted how many we had, we stomped like dinosaurs, we read Tadpole Rex which my boys LOVED, and many dino books from the library.
Here are the sites I got my ideas from-
Totally Tots
Confessions of a Homeschooler -This site is where I got the letter sorting upper and lower case game.
Home School creations
No time for flashcards
Preschool Express
Let me know if you have any great ideas for mommy school and what lesson plans you do!
2 comments:
LOVE! Thanks for all the links! I will really, HONESTLY, be using them.
You're such a good mom. And teacher, apparently! Really... you inspire me.
Post a Comment