Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

My Decorating fever

So lately I have decided that my house just isn't cute- livable and if you catch us on the right day clean. I have put off decorating since I really don't have the money to buy anything. So the other night I got fed up with my decorating and I hated my book shelf so I took everything off- but once off I had no clue as what to do next! My very wise hubby told me to google it.... oh google saves my life! So I did and found all kinds of great how-to's and different ideas.
I love the top shelf and like a couple of the other shelves, but haven't found exactly what I want for the others.
So I am still on the look out for inspiration. But while I was digging around in my stuff I got an idea for my bathroom. My counter is really long, and I don't have anything on it which at first I liked, but it started to get on my nerves and just look boring so I put together this little useful display.
I love it every time I see it! The flowers make me happy, and I finally can display this beautiful bar of soap my sister brought me from Paris, and I have a useful place for my cottonballs and bath salts. The greatest part is all the stuff is from around my house, the tray I have got from a garage sale but decided I don't like it so it was in my storage room, the vases are all ones I have in a cupboard that I never use, and the flowers I got from my sister in law for free! My house still isn't professional looking or anything, but there are a few things that I like, and now I know I don't have to spend a lot of money.
So if anyone has any ideas about decorating cheaply please share!

2 comments:

Bec said...

It all looks great! Good work. And I love that you did it all from stuff you had already. Very nice. I especially love the bathroom tray, etc. The soap-in-glass is my favorite part. Or maybe the cotton balls. Nah... the soap. :)

Adam and Aubrey said...

Fabulous. Looks great.

Becca just likes the soap because it's from Paris. jk.

I like the cotton balls and all the other stuff too!