
This past weekend I did a baby shower with my sister for our cousin. I love doing these things even though I stress myself to the max I enjoyed doing it! One of my favorite parts was decorating the table. To give height and a little variety I used different sizes of boxes underneath the table cloth. I had little blue plastic pacifiers I got at a dollar store I sprinkled through out along with baby shower ribbon and metallic ribbon that I also got at the dollar store.

Since she is having a boy I tried to say with a blue-ish theme. For the cupcakes I put a blueberry on the top of each one. I borrowed this cute stand from my friend- it is from Wilton. I really love this stand- maybe I will just have to get one too!

I adapted a Taste of home recipe for these ham wraps. Instead of mixing a ranch packet with cream cheese I mixed an onion dip packet with soy cream cheese. They were way yummy and you can't even tell I used a different kind of cream cheese. I chilled for an hour and then cut them up! For the fruit dip I made a cream cheese and marshmallow cream dip that is soooo yummy (and again i used soy cream cheese). For the veggie tray I got an idea from Taste of Home to have different salad dressings for dip so I had ranch and a way yummy honey mustard that everyone loved. The great thing about that was I didn't have to do any prep work!

For these yummy crackers my sister diced tomatoes and green onions and put them on top of herb & garlic crackers! Some of them she put cheese on them- I couldn't believe how fast they were gone. They were a hit.

To give out as prizes/favors I made these little boxes and filled them with m&m's, skittles, and mints. I made them on my Silhouette and just used ribbon or rub-ons to decorate. I also made a way cute little book that everyone wrote advice or something for the mom to be. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture (which I am sad about cause I won't remember how to do it again!) But each page had a letter from the word baby, and all the pages were different widths starting with the first page- that that when the book is closed it spells baby!
Anyway lots of fun and we had such a great time!
4 comments:
your skills amaze me. Not only was the food visually pleasing, I couldn't stop stuffing my face. It was awesome. And you really should've gotten a picture of that cute advice book. It was freaknasty cute!
You get the superwoman award for the day girl! Hoooooly cow! Everything looks incredible! How about you come cater Addie's birthday on Sunday. LoL. The planning is giving me a heartatack! (she just HAD to be born during one of the busiest weeks of the year (for us anyway!)
What a beautiful party! Way to go! PS- Aub, do YOU want a shower? I'd love to do one if you do!
Britt, it was amazing and it was fun to be there! Thank you so much for all you did for Kara. She was thrilled! You have such talent and I am envious! As for the pic of Aub and Kara, they are beautiful girls, aren't they? I guess that explains why I have no more good looks, I gave them to my daughters! (: Love you tons!
Post a Comment