Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

I love you Mr. Watermelon

And here's why. . .

#1. . . It's loaded with lycopene. Watermelon juice actually gave tomato juice a run for the money in a recent study of lycopene levels. That’s good news for your body, because early research suggests that lycopene may be a cancer crusher.

#2. . . It can make your skin pretty. Watermelon is loaded with a key compound credited with helping skin's healing and regenerative processes. Say no more -- bring on the melon!

#3. . . It's practically calorie-free. With fewer than 50 calories in every cup, watermelon is one smart way to satisfy a sweet tooth. And with a whopping 141 grams of water per cubed cup, watermelon will keep you hydrated, too.

So eat more WATERMELON!

3 comments:

Jensens said...

I'm sold. I'm headed out to buy one!

Brittney said...

I knew I loved watermellon for a reason! You gotta go get me one!

Bec said...

That's awesome! We actually had our 4th Annual Watermelon Eating Contest yesterday. :) (We're lame, yes.) After eating 1/8 of a 30 lb. melon, it's good to know I've got cancer-free skin comin' my way! ;) Great post.

PS. James also LOVES watermelon... though I don't give him quite that much! :)