
A sweet offer I heard about from a cool mommy-savings type blog I came across tonight (http://babycheapskate.com/):
**Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Earn a free subscription to either Parenting or Redbook magazines by watching Johnson's baby ads on AdPerk. Update: Redbook is no longer available. I finally tried ths new program, and I have to admit that I like how it works! It took some encouragement from one of my readers, V., here's what she said after I told her I finally did it to earn my free Redbook subscription:
"I was reluctant at first too, but they had a magazine I wanted so I figured I would give it a shot and if I didn't like it, I wouldn't stick with it. I also wondered if I would actually get the magazines, but they do come. Some of the ads are really cheesy or for products I will never use. But so are TV commercials and I don't get free stuff for watching those!" -V.
So how long did it take me to earn my free Redbook subscription? 18 minutes (and I was multi-tasking while I watched listened to the ads). You have to watch ads to earn credits for the free magazine subscription that you want. After each ad, you have 30 seconds to enter the code on the screen to confirm that you watched the ad - the sound also stops at the close of the ad so it's easy to catch the end if you aren't staring at it at that moment. You can also adjust the sound easily, and if miss entering a code you can just watch the ad again. I liked that I could see my free magazine issues adding up to a subscription at the top of the site - made it really easy to see how many more ads I had to view before I could "checkout". The best part was that there were no tedious survey questions about the ads to watch at the end!
I totally did this, and the videos were (though cheesy) actually interesting! Some were Johnsons ads, but most were just general parenting advice/tips... ie. bedtime massage, bonding with your baby, etc. Anyway- it really was painless, and I'm super pumped to get my FREE "Parenting" magazine subscription (a whole freakin' year's worth-- that's right!) starting "approximately Sept. 08"!!! Woot!
Also, it says that "Popular Science" is coming soon... we're totally jumping on that band wagon, too! Hooray for saving money (now we can go spend it on GAS)!! :)
Let me know if you try this, and what you think. Good luck, and happy video-watching!
2 comments:
PS#1: I really like this magazine. I get it currently, and I have been wanting to renew my subscription for a while now.
PS#2: The top two lines of the GREEN article have links in them. These will take you to the place you want to go.
(Or I could tell you. I guess: http://www.adperk.com/) Enjoy! :)
THanks bec- my subscription ran out and I love this magazine!
Post a Comment